Friday, January 1, 2010

basic genetics

basic genetics
I learned lots of things from this website. Even though i learned much more things in this website, I'll only going to list 2 things I learned since I want to check out the rest of the site. so here are the two thingsI learned about heridity;

Traits are a definit variant of a feature and characteristic that we have. Those traits will be passed down to our children, like when out parents passed it down to us. And it will be passed down to generation to generation. For instance, if the parent of the child has a green eyes and a brown eyes, there are 50% of chance for the child to have a brown eyes, 37.% to green eyes, and 12.5% to blue eyes. Like this, we get the similar characteristics that our parents does because of the heridity. This lead us to another question. How do we get traits from our parents? The answer is very easy. When a couple concieve a child, half of their 46 chromosomes, which makes a set a 23 chromosomes gets contributed to the child(humans have 2 complete set of chromosomes, and the baby gets contibute only one of the set.)In this way, parents pass genes to their child. According to the tour, each of us has thousands of genes, which are madw of DNA and reside in our chromosomes.


As I explained on the 1st paragraph, every child only recieves half of its chromosomes from each of the parent. When the father's spern cell and mother's cell joins together, It turns in tho a single cell called "zygote". Accordint to the tour, a set of baby can contain chrosomes from both of the parent's teo sets. Even though it looks like there isn't any rules in frming a grnr, there is a one rule that needs to be done. And the rule is this: The child must recieve exactly one of each chromosomes. Other then that, a chromosomes rendomly gets contributed to a babywhich helps a baby to get a uniue seet of chromosomes.

And those were my 2 facts i learned in the tour. Since I really want to explore around the website, I guess I'llhave to stop typing. see ya1



p.s. OMG. sunny, my whole writing just got erased and I had to rewerite the whole thing.. SO PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD GRADE!! THANK YOU!



P.s.s. will you go check these pictures? I"m guessing that it's a list fo the types of chromosmes..
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=6755987142161682573&postID=4300919906759745038

http://cbioc.eas.asu.edu/gnat/mappingP21.png

No comments: